Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
Current Affairs as on 3rd February 2017
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 3rd February 2017.
- The Right to Information (RTI) Act came into force in Sri Lanka today, a legislation aimed at restoring transparency and good governance in the country that has been plagued by corruption and misrule.
- The Dutch government has announced that all votes in next month’s elections will be counted by hand instead of electronic methods to avoid hacking.
- Dutch officials are already on alert for possible cyber hacking, following allegations by US intelligence that Russia influenced the US presidential polls last year.
- The UK government today unveiled a policy document on its negotiating plans for quitting the 28-nation European Union under a mutually beneficial deal which cites India as among the key countries on its target list for stronger trade ties post-Brexit.
- The 2-day meeting of SAARC Programming Committee was recently held in Kathmandu (Nepal).
- All eight members of SAARC (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, the Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka) participated in the meeting.
- Note : This was the first senior level meeting of Association since postponement of 19th SAARC Summit in November 2016 after four nations Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh and India had requested for it following escalation of tension between India and Pakistan over the issue of terrorism.
MOUs & Agreements
- The Union Government has singed Financing Agreement for IDA credit of $201.50 million with World Bank for the ‘Third Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme’ (TEQIP III).
- The agreement was signed by Raj Kumar (Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs) and Junaid Kamal Ahmad (Country Director, World Bank India).
- India and Sri Lanka have signed an MOU to construct a new multi-ethnic tri-lingual secondary school in Polonnaruwa District of Sri Lanka.
- The MoU was signed by of India’s High Commissioner to Sri Lanka Taranjit Singh Sandhu and Secretary to the Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Education Sunil Hettiarachchi.
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 3rd February 2017 are provided below:
- The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) jointly launched India Innovation Index.
- Besides country’s first innovation index portal was also launched.
- The index has been jointly developed by NITI Aayog, DIPP and CII in consultation with World Economic Forum (WEF), World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Cornell University, UNIDO, ILO, OECD, UNESCO, ITU etc.
- The National Rail Museum in New Delhi celebrated its 40th anniversary today.
- The museum, which houses a large collection of life-size rail exhibits, allows visitors to take a tour on a toy train.
- Its attractions include the saloons of the Maharajas of Indore and Mysore and Fairy Queen, the oldest working steam locomotive still in operation.
- The Union Health Ministry has notified new rules for medical devices to remove regulatory bottlenecks and ensure availability of medical devices for patients.
- Under the new rules, manufactures will not be required to renew licenses periodically and submission of applications and grant of licenses will be done online.
Banking & Economic Affairs
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley today introduced the Specified Bank Notes (Cessation of Liabilities) Bill 2017 in Lok Sabha.
- The Bill aims at replacing the note ban ordinance that extinguishes the liability of the government and the RBI on demonetised high-value notes.
- The ordinance was approved by the President in December, making it illegal to hold, transfer, or receive old notes.
Science & Technology
- China has successfully tested a new version of a DF-5C missile that can carry up to 10 nuclear warheads.
- The flight test of the missile was carried using 10 multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicles, (MIRVs), from the Taiyuan Space Launch Centre in Shanxi province and to an impact range in the western Taklamakan desert.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Current Affairs as on 3rd February, 2017 are as follows:
- Cueist Pankaj Advani has won the Indian National Snooker Championship in Pune to register his 29th national title.
- With the win, Advani becomes the only Indian men’s cueist to hold all national billiards and snooker titles at the same time.
- Note : He is the only player in the world to win world titles in all formats of billiards and snooker.
- Following her victory in the Malaysia Masters, Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal has gained one place in the latest BWF rankings to take the 9th position.
- Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu has retained her 6th position after clinching the Syed Modi International Badminton Championship.
- Note : Sindhu continues to be the highest-ranked Indian shuttler in the women’s singles category.