Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
Current Affairs as on 4th March 2017
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 4th March 2017 are provided below:
- Today (4th March) is National Safety Day.
- National Safety Week is being observed from 4th March 2017 to 10th March 2017.
- The National Safety Day/Week Campaign is celebrated in India every year by the National Safety Council to enhance the safety awareness among people.
- Note : National Safety Council of India is a self-governing body (non profit and nongovernmental organization for public service) which was established on 4th of March in 1966 under the Societies Act in Mumbai.
- Theme of National Safety Day / Week 2017 : “Keep Each Other Safe”.
- West Bengal Government has given official language status to the endangered tribal language Kurukh.
- This language is spoken by the Oraon tribal community.
- The Delhi government has approved ₹54.84 crore for construction of the longest skywalk in the city, that will connect Tilak Marg railway station to ITO Metro station.
- The Kerala government, while presenting the state budget today, announced that free internet connection would be provided to 20 lakh poor families in the state.
- For others, internet service will be provided at a lower rate.
- It also proposed to set up a new optic fibre pathway within 18 months to provide universal basic internet facility across the state.
- The government will launch an ‘I am Trolled‘ app to help women internet users threatened with physical violence or trolled on social media.
- The Centre has made Aadhaar number mandatory for students to avail mid-day meals and has given time till June 30 to those without an Aadhaar number.
- The rule will be applicable across India except Jammu and Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam.
- Wildlife Crime Control Bureau (WCCB) has successfully coordinated Operation Thunder Bird from January 30 to February 19, 2017 in its fight to end poaching of India’s wildlife animals.
- It also had convened Operation Save Kurma, a species specific operation on turtles between 15 December 2016 and 30 January 2017.
- The 4th edition of India – CLMV Business Conclave was recently held in Jaipur (Rajasthan).
- The two-day conference organised by Department of Commerce and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) held deliberations on manufacturing, renewable energy, agriculture and skilling among others sectors in the region.
- CLMV – Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam)
- Kerala’s Thiruvananthapuram has topped in city governance ranking of the Annual Survey of India’s City Systems (ASICS) 2016 conducted by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy.
- Top 5 in the List
Business & Economic Affairs
- For the first time ever, the price of digital currency bitcoin surged to around $1,282, making it worth more than an ounce of gold (worth $1,227.6).
- Further, the market capitalisation of all outstanding bitcoins also surpassed $20 billion for the first time in bitcoin’s history.
- Note : The cryptocurrency traded at around $200 per bitcoin a year ago.
- Vietnam has announced it will suspend the import of five agricultural products from India after several consignments were found to be contaminated with peanut beetle.
- Vietnam’s Agriculture Ministry will stop issuing import permits for peanuts, cassia seed, cocoa beans, haricot beans and tamarind from India within 60 days of signing the order on March 1.
Recent Committees in News
- Government appointed 18 member ‘Working Group on Migration’ headed by Partha Mukhopadhay has recommended necessary legal and policy framework to protect the interests of the migrants in the country.
- The panel in its report stated that the migrant population makes substantial contribution to economic growth and so it is necessary to secure their Constitutional rights.
MOUs & Agreements
- The Union Government has signed a Financing Agreement with World Bank for IDA credit of $63 million for the Tejaswini Socio-Economic Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) Project.
- It is World Bank’s first project in India solely focused on the welfare of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged between 14 and 24 to complete their secondary level education and provide relevant skills for job market.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into 10 more Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs) pertaining to various sectors of economy like Telecom, Banking & Finance, Pharmaceutical, Steel, Retail and IT etc It includes 7 Unilateral APAs, 2 Bilateral APAs with the United Kingdom and Japan.
- Seven of these Agreements have Rollback provisions in them.
- Important Note : With this, the total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT has reached 140 (Including 130 Unilateral APAs and 10 Bilateral APAs).
- Former Indian Foreign Services officer and politician Syed Shahabuddin (82) passed away .
- He was a former President of the All India Muslim Majlis-e Mushawarat and also served three terms as a Member of Parliament from 1979-1996.
- He was known for his opposition to the demolition of the Babri Masjid.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Updates on 4th March 2017 details are provided below:
- India’s Angad Veer Singh Bajwa teamed up with USA’s Haley Dunn at the ISSF World Cup in Delhi today, marking the first instance of shooters of two different nationalities pairing up at a world event.
- Note : The Indo-US pair competed in the mixed team skeet event, where they won Bronze medal.