Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
Current Affairs as on 6th February 2017
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 6th February 2017.
- Queen Elizabeth II, the world’s longest-reigning living monarch, today completed 65 years on the British throne.
- She became the queen at the age of 25 years and is the only British monarch to celebrate her Sapphire Jubilee.
- Note : The Royal Mail has issued a Sapphire Blue £5 stamp on the occasion, while a 41-gun royal salute will take place in London.
- The 17th session of BIMSTEC senior officials’ meeting will be held at Kathmandu tomorrow.
- The delegates of member countries will review the progress made by Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) and recommend future course of action to strengthen regional cooperation among the group.
- The date of 4th BIMSTEC Summit, to be held in Nepal this year, is also likely to be announced.
National Current Affairs
Most important National Current Affairs of 6th February 2017 are provided below:
- To bring about paradigm shift towards holistic development of villages in the state, the Assam Government has launched Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY).
- The scheme is a mega mission aimed at bringing in revolutionary changes by doubling the farm income in the State.
- The Supreme Court today directed the Central government to link all mobile numbers to Aadhaar within a year.
- The SC also directed the Centre to devise a way for people with a prepaid SIM to fill and deposit a form for every recharge.
- The Railways Ministry is planning a 240-kilometre railway line connecting Port Blair with Diglipur on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The line, set to cost over ₹2,413 crore and be the first on the archipelago, has tourism potential and “strategic value” for defence forces.
- The Railways and Union Territory administration will share its operational profits or loss.
- The New Delhi Municipal Council today renamed Central Delhi’s ‘Dalhousie Road‘ after Mughal emperor Aurangzeb’s elder brother Dara Shikoh, who promoted the peace and concord between the followers of Hinduism and Islam,
- Note : The road had been named after Lord Dalhousie, who served as British India’s Governor General from 1848-56.
- As part of Universal Immunization Programme, the Union Health Ministry has launched a single vaccine for dual protection against measles and rubella.
- The campaign against these two diseases will start from five regions, namely Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Goa, and Lakshadweep, covering nearly 3.6 crore target children.
- The new vaccine will replace the currently given two doses of measles vaccine.
- Border Security Force is developing an all-women’s motorcycle stunt team named ‘Jaanbaaz‘ at its academy in Madhya Pradesh.
- The team, being trained by an officer from BSF’s male motorcycle stunt team of the same name, comprises 46 women selected from a pool of 5,000 applicants.
- The team is being trained for 22 stunts, and will first perform in March.
- The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRB) will soon set up a department – National Testing Agency (NTA) to conduct examinations for higher and secondary education.
- NTA will be the single authority that will conduct entrance tests for all higher institutions like JEE, NEET, NET and other prestigious exams.
- Andhra Pradesh’s Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated the First Model Police Station in India at Nagarampalem,Guntur.
- Having look and feel of a corporate-style office, equipped with a “custody” room, the police station is under watch of CCTV network for closer surveillance of staff behaviour and movement of visitors.
Science & Technology
- Google has announced it is ending Gmail support on versions 53 and below of Chrome browser, which will affect Windows XP and Vista users.
- The latest Chrome update available for these systems is version 49.
- Users who don’t upgrade to a newer version of Chrome by 2017 end will be redirected to the basic HTML version vulnerable to security risks.
Sports Current Affairs
All Sports Updates on 6th February 2017 details are provided below:
- Top seeds India defeated Malaysia to win the Gold medal in the Boys’ team event at the Asian Junior Squash Championships in Hong Kong today.
- This is the second time India’s boys’ team has won the title, with the earlier win coming in 2011.
- Alastair Cook has resigned as England’s Test captain after a record 59 matches in charge.
- The New England Patriots were crowned the Super Bowl champions after defeating Atlanta Falcons at the 51st edition of the American football championship today.
- Iran has lifted a ban on U.S. wrestlers, allowing them to take part in the Freestyle World Cup later this month in the Iranian city of Kermanshah, Iranian.
- India will host FIBA Women’s Asia Cup basketball tournament in July, Basketball Federation of India has announced today.
- The continental flagship tournament for women will be held from July 23 to 29.
- Note : This will be the first time since 2009 that India will host a major FIBA (International Basketball Federation) event.
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has released recruitment notification for Probationary Officers (POs) for the year 2017. You can apply online from 7th February 2017 to 6th March 2017.