Improve your knowledge for competitive exams by going through the daily current affairs from our website. Reading day to day current affairs helps to improve your memory power for competitive exams cracking. Here we are providing daily current affairs latest & updated.
International Current Affairs
Here we are providing very important current affairs of international category for 9th April 2017.
- To mark the Golden Jubilee Year of Bangladesh’s independence in 2021, India and Bangladesh have agreed to jointly produce a documentary film on the Liberation War of Bangladesh.
- The two neighbouring countries will also produce a film on the life and works of Bangladesh’s founding leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, which will be released on his birth centenary year in 2020.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina have flagged off the trial run of a passenger train service between Kolkata and Bangladesh’s Khulna.
- Named Maitree Express-2, it is the second passenger train between India and Bangladesh.
- United States and China have agreed to pursue a ‘100-day plan’ aimed at reducing the US trade deficit with China.
- Decision in this regard was taken by US President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping in their first summit held in Florida, US.
- They also agreed to adopt the US-China Comprehensive Dialogue.
- SaudiArabia has unveiled plans for an Entertainment City on the edge of Riyadh which will be 50 times the size of Gibraltar once completed.
- The 334-sq km attraction – about the same as LasVegas – will offer cultural, sporting and entertainment activities – including a Six Flags park and a safari park.
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to arrive in Delhi tomorrow on a four day India visit.
National Current Affairs
The National Current Affairs as on 9th April 2017 are as follows:
- Madhya Pradesh Government has launched Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi Yojana, a populist subsidised meal scheme for poor in the state.
- The scheme has been named after the BJP ideologue Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- The first phase of the scheme was launched by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in 49 districts headquarters across the state.
- Important Points to Note :
- With this, Madhya Pradesh becomes 3rd state in the country to launch populist subsidised meal scheme.
- Other 2 states are Tamil Nadu and Rajasthan.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved 26 projects worth ₹2,154.28 crore under the Centre’s ‘Namami Gange‘ programme, aiming to reduce the river’s pollution load.
- As part of the projects, the NMCG will set up sewage treatment plants and develop sewage network in four Ganga basin states, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand, and Delhi.
- President of India Pranab Mukherjee has given his assent to the Mental Healthcare Act,
- Suicide attempts by a mentally ill person will not be punishable under this new law which got nod from the President on Friday.
- A person who attempts suicide shall be presumed to be suffering from mental illness at that time and will not be punished under the Indian Penal Code.
- Uttar Pradesh government has sent a proposal to the Centre seeking conversion of its five thousand kilometres roads into National Highways.
- US President Donald Trump has nominated prominent Indian-American law expert Neomi Rao as Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA).
- She will oversee the US President’s plan to eliminate 75% of federal regulations.
- Trump has also nominated Indian-American Vishal Amin as Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator in the Executive Office of the President (IP czar).
- He will coordinate US law-enforcement strategy around copyright, patents and trademarks.
Science & Technology
- The Union Agriculture Ministry has joined hands with the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), a wing of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for geo-tagging agricultural assets.
- In this regard, Agriculture Ministry under the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna (RKVY) and NRSC have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- One of the TU-142M Long Range Maritime Patrol aircraft of the Indian Navy, which was recently de-inducted after 29 years of service, arrived in Visakhapatanam, Andhra Pradesh today to be converted into a museum by Andhra Pradesh government.
- State Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu today welcomed the anti-submarine warfare aircraft, which landed at INS Dega for the last time this morning.
Banking, Business & Economic Affairs
- All cash payments of over ₹2 lakh to settle loans and credit card bills during the 50-day period after demonetisation will have to be disclosed in the new Income Tax return form.
- The government will match the deposits made post demonetisation with the annual income to ensure that unaccounted cash hasn’t been used to make payments.
Awards & Honors
- An Indian-origin educationist in the UK, 65-year-old Dame Asha Khemka, Principal and CEO of West Nottinghamshire College, who moved to Britain after her marriage with no English language skills, has been named the ‘Asian Businesswoman of the Year’ in an award ceremony in Birmingham.
Sports Current Affairs
all Sports Updates as on 9th April 2017 are as follows:
- Mercedes’ British Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton defeated Ferrari’s four-time Formula One World Champion Sebastian Vettel to lift his fifth title at the Chinese Grand Prix today.
- India entered the final of the Women’s Hockey World League Round 2, held in West Vancouver, Canada, after a 4-0 win over Belarus on Saturday.
- The win ensured India’s berth in the Women’s Hockey World League Semi-Final to be held in June-July.
- Note : This event is also a qualifier for the FIH Women’s World Cup 2018
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) has granted affiliation to the Boxing Federation of India (BFI), ending a long-standing impasse between the two bodies.