Know How to Attempt UPSC Prelims Aptitude paper 2019? The preparation for Civil Services involves a dedicated and focused study in right direction. The syllabus is quite vast. Below is described the general scheme of the exam. If you study daily in proper direction there are good chances of success. Only about 10% of the students sitting in exam are serious about these. Real competition is between 5% of candidates. Dedicated preparation can definitely ensure success.
The first step to test oneself in Civil Service examinations is preliminary exam. The exam paper will be segregated into two sections: Paper I (General Studies) and Paper II (Aptitude Test). Both the papers would carry 200 marks each. Paper I includes current events, history, geography, economic, social development and general issues on bio diversity and Paper II covers interpersonal skills, decision making abilities and so forth.
How to Attempt UPSC Prelims Aptitude Paper
Paper 2 – Aptitude Paper entirely examine your aptitude; hence it covers topics like comprehension, interpersonal and communication skills, logical reasoning, decision making ability, general mental ability and basic numeracy or data interpretation. One should try to solve the question papers of last 5 years; this will enhance the ability to answer questions smartly.
Syllabus for UPSC Prelims Aptitude Paper
First of all know the syllabus for UPSC Prelims Aptitude Paper. The topics covered in UPSC Aptitude Prelims Paper are given below. Have a look at these topics first:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation. (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
The questions in Paper-II (aptitude test) will be of multiple choice, objective type for 200 marks and the time allotted for paper is two hours. The CSAT aptitude test or Paper-II will be a qualifying paper only with a minimum of 33% to be secured to qualify for the Mains exam.
Guidelines for attempting the paper
- Firstly, the candidates should focus on easy questions
- The candidates should leave the difficult questions
- Also, the candidates should make only intelligent guesses and not random guesses
- Practice as many test papers as possible
Hope this article will help you for your preparation. Share this article How to Attempt UPSC Prelims Aptitude Paper 2019 to your friends.