IAS Salary and Posts- UPSC is certainly the toughest exam one can think of and certainly offers the best rewards as well. The IAS salary is quite lucrative and is a motivating factor for all IAS aspirants. So, get here all the details regarding IAS salary and various posts which come under IAS.
The exam does take your breath and demands a lot from you. The preparation in itself is a journey that makes ordinary extraordinary. Therefore to motivate you to work even harder, we are providing details regarding IAS salary, various posts under IAS; and what lies ahead of you, once you clear your IAS exam.
IAS Salary for all the posts
IAS Salary description under UPSC
Junior Scale: Rs 50000 to Rs 150000 along with grade pay of Rs 16500
Senior Time Scale: Rs 50000 to Rs 150001 along with grade pay of Rs 20000
Junior Administrative Grade: Rs 50000 to Rs 150002 along with grade pay of Rs 20000
Selection Grade: Rs 100000 to Rs 200000 along with grade pay of Rs 26000
Super Time Scale: Rs 100000 to Rs 200000 along with grade pay of Rs 30000
Above Super Time Scale: Rs 100000 to Rs 200000 along with grade pay of Rs 30000
Apex Scale: Rs 1225000
Cabinet Secretary Grade: Rs 1225000
Posts under UPSC Indian Civil Services | IAS Posts
- IAS – It is the only generalist service and thus most sought after by all the aspirants. If you are a general candidate, you must be well within Rank 90 to get into IAS. IAS officers serve both the Central and State Governments and almost all the departments and ministries are headed by IAS officers. They are at the apex and are close to the ministers and people’s representatives.
- IPS – IPS officers also command a lot of power. They come in contact with citizens and criminals of all sorts. Narcotics, Cyber Crime, Intelligence, Juvenile Crime these are the variations one go through while being an IPS due to the complex nature of crime these days.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service – The responsibility is for auditing the accounts of the Union and State governments and public sector organizations, and for maintaining the accounts of State governments.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)- The service was created so as to separate auditing and accounting functions of the government.
- Indian Corporate Law Service – this service was entrusted the job to implement the companies act 1956, companies act 2013 and limited liability partnership act.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS)- IDAS is one of the Group A Central Civil Service of India and the controlling authority is the Ministry of Defense.
- Indian Defence Estates Service -The service was initially known as the Military Lands and Cantonment Service , and then got renamed as Defence Lands and Cantonment Service. In 1985, it was renamed as the Indian Defence Estates Service.
- Indian Foreign Service- The service is entrusted to conduct diplomacy and manage foreign relations .It is the body of diplomats serving in more than 180 India Diplomatic Missions and international organizations.
- Indian Information Service – These officers are the media managers of the Government. They act as a vital communication link between the Government and the people by way of transferring information and communicating various Government policies and schemes to the public.
- Indian Revenue Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance ServiceIndian Revenue Service ( IT )
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Defense Estates Service
- Indian Information Service
- Indian Trade Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Gr.’B’
As, now all the details regarding IAS Salary structure for all the posts which are available under IAS, you know; gear up your preparation for UPSC IAS exam.
Few Important Links for all IAS Aspirants 2018 | 2019