UPSC IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER MAITHILI EXAM SYLLABUS. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Mains Indian Language Paper List. Also, read UPSC Mains Exam Pattern 2019. Get CIVIL SERVICES MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER MAITHILI SYLLABUS details. Get UPSC IAS/Civil Services MAINS Syllabus, Paper structure & Applicable Topics covered in UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER MAITHILI EXAM Syllabus. IAS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER MAITHILI MAINS SYLLABUS 2019: In IAS mains exam there are 2 optional papers in UPSC civil services mains exam. In UPSC mains examination paper 6&7 are optional subject papers. Maithili is one of the optional in the IAS main exam. You can opt for the Maithili language as an optional subject if you have graduated in the literature of Maithili language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Maithili literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Maithili paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Maithili mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed syllabus of IAS Maithili mains exam.
IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE – UPSC MAITHILI SYLLABUS Paper-I SYLLABUS
- UPSC IAS Mains Chemistry Paper Syllabus & Topics
- UPSC Mains Civil Engineering Syllabus 2019
- UPSC IAS Mains Commerce Syllabus 2019
- UPSC Mains Economics Syllabus 2019
History of UPSC Maithili Language and its Literature
(Answer to be written in Maithili)
History of Maithili Language
- Place of Maithili in Indo-European language family.
- Origin and development of Maithili language. (Sanskrit, Prakrit, Avhatt, Maithili)
- Periodic division of Maithili Language. (Beginning, Middle era, Modern era)
- Maithili and its different dialects.
- Relationship between Maithili and other Eastern languages (Bengali, Assamese, Oriya).
- Origin and development of Tirhuta Script.
- Pronouns and Verbs in Maithili Language.
38 www.employmentnews.gov.in Employment News 31 May – 6 June 2014
History of Maithili Literature
- Background of Maithili Literature (Religious, economic, social, cultural).
- Periodic division of Maithili literature.
- Pre-Vidyapati Literature.
- Vidyapati and his tradition.
- Medieval Maithili Drama (Kirtaniya Natak, Ankai Nat, Maithili dramas written in Nepal).
- Maithili Folk Literature (Folk Tales, Folk Drama, Folk Stories, Folk Songs).
- Development of different literary forms in modern era.
(d) Short Story
- Development of Maithili Magazines and Journals.
IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE – MAITHILI Paper 2 SYLLABUS 2019
(Answers must be written in Maithili)
The paper will require first-hand reading of the prescribed texts and will test the critical ability of the candidates.
- Vidyapati Geet-Shati-Publisher : Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi (Lyrics- 1 to 50)
- Govind Das Bhajanavali-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna (Lyrics – 1 to 25).
- Krishnajanm – Manbodh
- Mithilabhasha Ramayana – Chanda Jha (only Sunder-Kand)
- Rameshwar Charit Mithila Ramayan – Lal Das (only Bal-kand)
- Keechak-Vadh-Tantra Nath Jha.
- Datta-Vati-Surendra Jha ‘Suman’ (only 1st and 2nd Cantos).
- Samakaleen Maithili Kavita – Publisher : Sahitaya Akademi, New Delhi.
- Varna Ratnakar – Jyotirishwar (only 2nd Kallol)
- Khattar Kakak Tarang – Hari Mohan Jha.
- Prithvi Putra-Lalit
- Bhaphait Chahak Jinagi-Sudhanshu ‘Shekar’ Choudhary.
- Kirti Rajkamlak-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna (First Ten Stories only).
- Katha-Sangrah-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna.
Maithili spoken in Mithila state of Nepal and northern India. Improve writing skills for IAS Maithili literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS mains exam. A good command over the language is always helpful. Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Maithili main syllabus and previous papers for reference.