IAS MAINS Indian Language Paper Oriya Syllabus
UPSC IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER ORIYA EXAM SYLLABUS. Get CIVIL SERVICES MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER ORIYA SYLLABUS details. Get UPSC IAS/Civil Services MAINS Syllabus, Paper structure & Applicable Topics covered in UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER ORIYA EXAM Syllabus. Earlier we have provided syllabus on CIVIL SERVICES MAINS Language Paper Nepali Syllabus.
IAS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER ORIYA MAIN SYLLABUS 2019: In IAS mains exam there are 2 optional papers in UPSC civil services mains exam. In upsc mains examination paper 6&7 are optional subject papers. Oriya is one of the optional in the IAS main exam. You can opt for the Oriya language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Oriya language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Oriya literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Oriya paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Oriya mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed syllabus of IAS Oriya mains exam.
IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER I ORIYA
(Answers must be written in Oriya)
History of Oriya Language
(1) Origin and development of Oriya Language-Influence of Austric, Dravidian, Perso-Arabic and English on Oriya Language.
(2) Phonetics and Phonemics : Vowels, Consonants Principles of changes in Oriya sounds.
(3) Morphology : Morphemes (free, bound compound and complex), derivational and inflectional affixes, case inflection, conjugation of verb.
(4) Syntax : Kinds of sentences and their transformation, structure of sentences.
(5) Semantics-Different types of change in meaning Euphemism.
(6) Common errors in spellings, grammatical uses and construction of sentences.
(7) Regional variations in Oriya Language (Western, Southern and Northern Oriya) and Dialects (Bhatri and Desia)
History of Oriya Literature
(1) Historical backgrounds (social, cultural and political) of Oriya Literature of different periods.
(2) Ancient epics, ornate kavyas and padavalis.
(3) Typical structural forms of Oriya Literature (Koili, Chautisa, Poi, Chaupadi, Champu).
(4) Modern trends in poetry, drama short story, novel, essay and literary criticism.
IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER ORIYA Paper 2 SYLLABUS 2019
(Answers must be written in Oriya)
Critical Study of texts – The paper will require first hand reading of the text and test the critical ability of the candidate.
- Sarala Das-Shanti Parva from Mahabharãta.
- Jaganath Das-Bhagabate, XI Skandha-Jadu Avadhuta Sambada. (Medieval)
- Dinãkrushna Das-Rasakallola- (Chhãndas-16 & 34)
- Upendra Bhanja-Lãvanyabati (Chhandas-1 & 2) (Modern)
- Radhanath Ray-Chandrabhaga
- Mayadhar Manasinha-Jeevan Chita
- Satchidananda Routray-Kabita- 1962
- Ramakanta Ratha-Saptama Ritu.Section-B
- Manoranjan Das-Katha-Ghoda
- Bijay Mishra-Tata Niranjanã Novel :
- Fakir Mohan Senãpati-Chhamãna Athaguntha
- Gopinãth Mohanty-Danapani Short Story :
- Surendra Mohanty-Maralara Mrityu
- Manoj Das-Laxmira Abhisara Essay :
- Chittaranjan Das-Taranga O Tadit (First five essays).
- Chandra Sekhar Rath-Mun Satyadhãrma Kahuchhi (First five essays)
Oriya also called Odia, Odri, Utkaliya, Kalingi. Improve writing skills for IAS Oriya literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS mains exam. A good command over the language is always helpful. Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Oriya main syllabus and previous papers for reference.