IAS MAINS Indian Language Kannada Syllabus 2019
UPSC IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE KANNADA EXAM SYLLABUS. Get CIVIL SERVICES MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE KANNADA EXAM SYLLABUS details. Earlier we’ve provided UPSC Kannada Previous Question papers for Exam Preparation. Now Get UPSC IAS/Civil Services MAINS Syllabus, Paper structure & Applicable Topics covered in UPSC MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE KANNADA EXAM Syllabus. Earlier we’ve provided IAS MAINS Indian Language Hindi Syllabus 2019. IAS INDIAN LANGUAGE KANNADA MAIN SYLLABUS 2019: In IAS mains exam there are 2 optional papers in UPSC civil services mains exam. In upsc mains examination paper 6&7 are optional subject papers. kannada is one of the optional in the IAS main exam. You can opt for the kannada language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of kannada language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the kannada literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each kannada paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each kannada mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed syllabus of IAS kannada mains exam.
Also Check : Download UPSC Civil Services Kannada Question Papers
IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE KANNADA SYLLABUS
- UPSC IAS Mains Chemistry Paper Syllabus & Topics
- UPSC Mains Civil Engineering Syllabus 2019
- UPSC IAS Mains Commerce Syllabus 2019
- UPSC Mains Economics Syllabus 2019
IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE KANNADA SYLLABUS Paper-I
(Answers must be written in Kannada)
A. History of Kannada Language What is Language? General charecteristics of Language.
Dravidian Family of Languages and its specific features, Antiquity of Kannada Language, Different Phases of its Development.
Dialects of Kannada Language : Regional and Social Various aspects of development of Kannada Language : phonological and Semantic changes. Language borrowing.
B. History of Kannada Literature Ancient Kannada literature : Influence and Trends. Poets for study : Specified poets from Pampa to Ratnakara Varni are to be studied in the light of contents, form and expression :Pampa, Janna, Nagachandra.
Medieval Kannada literature : Influence and Trends.
Vachana literature : Basavanna, Akka Mahadevi.
Medieval Poets : Harihara, Raghavanka, Kumar-Vyasa.
Dasa literature : Purandra and Kanaka.
Sangataya : Ratnakaravarni
C. Modern Kannada literature : Influence, trends and idealogies, Navodaya, Pragatishila, Navya, Dalita and Bandaya.
A. Poetics and literary criticism : Definition and concepts of poetry : Word, Meaning, Alankara, Reeti, Rasa, Dhwani, Auchitya. Interpretations of Rasa Sutra. Modern Trends of literary criticism : Formalist, Historical, Marxist, Feminist, Post-colonial criticism.
B. Cultural History of Karnataka Contribution of Dynasties to the culture of Karnataka : Chalukyas of Badami and Kalyani, Rashtrakutas, Hoysalas, Vijayanagara rulers, in literary context.
Major religions of Karnataka and their cultural contributions. Arts of Karnataka : Sculpture, Architecture, Painting, Music, Dance-in the literary context. Unification of Karnataka and its impact on Kannada literature.
IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE KANNADA SYLLABUS Paper-II
(Answers must be written in Kannada)
The paper will require first-hand reading of the Texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidates.
A. OLD KANNADA LITERATURE
- Vikramaarjuna Vijaya of Pampa (cantos 12 & 13), (Mysore University Pub.)
- Vaddaraadhane (Sukumaraswamyia Kathe, Vidyutchorana Kathe)
- Medieval Kannada Literature :
- Vachana Kammata, Ed: K. Marulasiddappa K.R. Nagaraj (Bangalore University Pub.)
- Janapriya Kanakasamputa, Ed. D. Javare Gowda (Kannada and Culture Directorate, Bangalore)
- Nambiyannana Ragale, Ed., T.N. Sreekantaiah (Ta.Vem. Smaraka Grantha Male, Mysore)
- Kumaravyasa Bharata : Karna Parva (Mysore University)
- Bharatesha Vaibhava Sangraha Ed. Ta. Su. Shama Rao (Mysore University)
A. Modern Kannada Literature
- Poetry : Hosagannada Kavite, Ed : G.H. Nayak (Kannada Saahitya Parishattu, Bangalore)
- Novel : Bettada Jeeva-Shivarama Karanta Madhavi-Arupama Niranjana Odalaala-Devanuru Mahadeva
- Short Story : Kannada Sanna Kathegalu, Ed. G.H. Nayak (Sahitya Academy, New Delhi).
- Drama : Shudra Tapaswi-Kuvempu. Tughlak-Girish Karnad.
- Vichara Saahitya : Devaru-A.N. Moorty Rao (Pub : D.V.K. Moorty, Mysore.)
- Folk Literature :
- Janapada Swaroopa-Dr. H.M. Nayak. (Ta. Vem. Smaraka Grantha Male, Mysore.)
- Janapada Geetaanjali-Ed.D. Javare Gowda. (Pub : Sahitya Academy, New Delhi.)
- Kannada Janapada Kathegalu-Ed. J.S. Paramashivaiah, (Mysore University.)
- Beedi Makkalu Beledo. Ed. Kalegowda Nagavara (Pub : Bangalore University.)
- Savirada Ogatugalu-Ed : S.G. Imrapura.
Kannada is a Dravidian language spoken mainly in the state of Karnataka. Improve writing skills for IAS Kannada literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS mains exam. A good command over the language is always helpful. Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Kannada main syllabus and previous papers for reference.
Also, Share the following articles to students who are preparing for UPSC Exam 2019