UPSC IAS MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER NEPALI EXAM SYLLABUS. Get CIVIL SERVICES MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER NEPALI SYLLABUS details. Get UPSC IAS/Civil Services MAINS Syllabus, Paper structure & Applicable Topics covered in UPSC MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER NEPALI EXAM Syllabus. Earlier, we have shared IAS MAINS INDIAN LANGUAGE PAPER MARATHI SYLLABUS.
CIVIL SERVICES LANGUAGE PAPER – NEPALI MAIN SYLLABUS 2019: In civil services mains exam there are 2 optional papers in UPSC civil services mains exam. In upsc mains examination paper 6&7 are optional subject papers. Nepali is one of the optional in the IAS main exam. You can opt for the Nepali language as an optional subject, if you have graduated in the literature of Nepali language as the main subject. With well-planned strategies, you can easily score well in the Nepali literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Nepali paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Nepali mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed syllabus of IAS Nepali mains exam.
CIVIL SERVICES MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER I NEPALI SYLLABUS 2019
(Answers must be written in Nepali)
- History of the origin and development of Nepali as one of the new Indo-Aryan Languages
- Fundamentals of Nepali Grammar and phonology: (i) Nominal forms and categories :- Gender, Number, Case, Adjectives, Pronouns, Avyayas
(ii) Verbal forms and categories- Tense, Aspects, Voice, Roots and Fixes
(iii) Nepali Swara and Vyanjana;
- Major Dialects of Nepali
- Standardization and Modernization of Nepali with special reference to language movements (viz. Halanta Bahiskar, Jharrovad etc.)
- Teaching of Nepali language in India-Its history and development with special reference to its sociocultural aspects.
- History of Nepali literature with special reference to its development in India.
- Fundamental concepts and theories of literature: Kavya/Sahitya, Kavya Prayojan, Literary genres, Shabda Shakti, Rasa, Alankara, Tragedy, Comedy, Aesthetics, Stylistics.
- Major literary trends and movements- Swachchhandatavad, Yatharthavad, Astitwavad, Ayamik Movement, Contemporary Nepali writings, Postmodernism.
- Nepali folklores (the following folkform only)- Sawai, Jhyaurey, Selo, Sangini, Lahari.
CIVIL SERVICES MAINS LANGUAGE PAPER NEPALI SYLLABUS Paper 2
(Answers must be written in Nepali)
This paper will require first hand reading of the texts prescribed below and questions will be designed to test the candidate’s critical acumen.
- Santa Jnandil Das-Udaya Lahari
- Lekhnath Poudyal-Tarun Tapasi (Vishrams III, V, VI, XII, XV, XVIII only),
- Agam Singh Giri-Jaleko Pratibimba : Royeko Pratidhwani (The following poems only-rasawako Chichy-ahatsanga Byunjheko Ek Raat, Chhorolai, Jaleko Pratibimba : Royeko Prati-dhwani, Hamro Akashmani Pani Hunchha Ujyalo, Tihar).
- Haribhakta Katuwal-Yo Zindagi Khai Ke Zindagi : (The following poems only – Jeevan : Ek Dristi, Yo Zindagi Khai Ke Zindagi, Akashka tara Ke Tara, Hamilai Nirdho Nasamjha, Khai Manyata Yahan Atmahutiko Balidan Ko).
- Balkrishna Sama-Prahlad
- Manbahadur Mukhia-Andhyaroma Banchneharu (The following One- Act plays only-‘Andhyaroma Banchneharu’, ‘Suskera’).
- Indra Sundas-Sahara
- Lilbahadur Chhetri-Brahmaputrako Chheuchhau
- Rupnarayan Sinha-Katha Navaratna (The following stories only-Biteka Kura, Jimmewari Kasko, Dhanamatiko Cinema-Swapna, Vidhwasta Jeevan).
- Indrabahadur Rai-Vipana Katipaya (The following stories only- Raatbhari Huri Chalyo, Jayamaya Aphumatra Lekha-pani Aipugi, Bhagi, Ghosh Babu, Chhutyaiyo).
- Sanu Lama-Katha Sampad (The following stories only-Swasni Manchhey, Khani Tarma Ekdin, Phurbale Gaun Chhadyo, Asinapo Manchhey).
- Laxmi Prasad Devkota-Laxmi Nibandha Sangraha (The following essays only-Sri Ganeshaya Namah, Nepali Sahityako Itihasma Sarvashrestha Purus, Kalpana, Kala Ra Jeevan, Gadha Buddhiman Ki Guru).
- Ramkrishna Sharma-Das Gorkha (The following essays only-Kavi, Samaj Ra Sahitya, Sahityama Sapekshata, Sahityik Ruchiko Praudhata, Nepali Sahityako Pragati).
Remember not to commit grammatical mistakes. Improve writing skills for IAS Nepali literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS mains exam. A good command over the language is always helpful. Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Nepali main syllabus and previous papers for reference.