Prepare for UPSC: Most of the students appear for UPSC exam every year to build a successful career. It is one of the most complex examinations and needs proper preparation. More than two lakh students compete for about 700 posts of IAS officers. The examination is purely based on skill and the knowledge of the subjects chosen. The preparation for UPSC exam has to be well-planned with enormous hard work and the below preparation tips for UPSC exam will be quite helpful for candidates.
Approach to the UPSC Exam
The approach to the UPSC exam should correlate to the phrase ‘jack-of –all’. One has to have good knowledge of all the different subjects and spend time with books, prepare notes and be well aware of current affairs. The candidates should be serious about preparation and should concentrate well while studying.
Choose subjects for UPSC Exam
The range of subjects for UPSC exam is wide and the candidate has to choose subjects for the exam according to his or her preference. Once the subjects are selected, then proper planning is required for the UPSC exam.
Given below are preparation tips for the exam, which the candidate can follow to get the best out of preparation:
- Focus more on difficult subjects: While preparing, candidates should make the list of easy and difficult subjects. The difficult topics should be given more time and concentration while studying. The subjects such as ecology, art and culture need more time.
- Solve previous years question papers: Always solve previous year question papers of the UPSC exam as much as possible. Everyday plan it as a task to solve mock test papers. It increases alertness and makes a person dynamic while solving papers accurately in the limited time and also gives the candidate an idea of the kind of questions to expect.
- Understand the basics: For any subject, easy or difficult, the candidates should make sure that they have understood the basic concepts clearly. In case of any confusion, they should read books, make notes and discuss with others and never neglect any topic or subject because of any confusion.
- Devote more time in studies: The preparation for UPSC exam can change the future prospects and systematic study with devotion helps in achieving the goals.
- Avoid carelessness while facing UPSC exam: The Preparation tips for UPSC exam certainly include avoiding the carelessness and distractions while preparing for UPSC exam. Study according to the syllabus and cover every topic seriously.
- Revise the topics: Plan it in such a way to get enough time to revise every subject of the UPSC exam which will be helpful in getting a higher score. Revisions should be made at least twice before the exam.
How to study without UPSC exam coaching?
The candidates planning to study on their own without IAS coaching have to work hard with complete discipline and determination. The candidates should follow the following Preparation tips for UPSC exam:
- Plan, prepare and manage the time well with complete discipline.
- Refer different but selective books and well prepared notes
- For the vast syllabus start preparing early
- Discuss the topics with other candidates
- Always believe that you will do better without coaching
- Read the news paper regularly
Other Important Articles: