Get UPSC CMS Paper 2 Syllabus along with Combined Medical Services Exam 2019 details. UPSC conducts computer based combined medical examination for recruitment to the services and posts of Assistant Medical Officer in railways, Indian Ordinance Factories Health Service, Junior scale posts in central health services, etc.
Also Read : UPSC CMS Paper 1 Syllabus
UPSC Combined Medical Services Exam 2019
- Notification Date: 10th April, 2019
- Last Date to Apply: 6th May, 2019
- CMS Exam Date: 21st July, 2019
Age limit: You must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1 January of year of exam. Age relaxation for reserved category is applicable as per the norms.
Educational qualification: For admission to the examination, you should have passed the written and practical parts of the final MBBS examination.
CMS Exam Pattern
Part I is written examination of 500 marks. The written exam for two objective papers is conducted as Computer based mode. You have to take the written examination in two papers, each carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each paper is of 2 hours duration. There is negative marking of 1/3 of mark for each incorrect answer.
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40||155.8|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40||41.7|
Part II is personality test carrying 100 marks of such of the candidates who qualify on the results of the written examination.
Computer Based Test
Till 2013, the written examination for Combined Medical Services Examination for two objective type papers was being conducted through the OMR sheets. However, from 2014 the UPSC has decided that the exam is to be conducted in Computer Based mode.
UPSC CMS Paper 2 Syllabus
(a) Surgery (40 Questions)
(Surgery including ENT, Opthalmology, Traumatology and Orthopaedics)
- I. General Surgery: Wounds, Infections, Tumours, Lymphatic, Blood vessels, Cysts/sinuses, Head and neck, Breast, Alimentary tract – (Oesophagus, Stomach, Intestines, Anus, Developmental), Liver, Bile, Pancreas, Spleen, Peritoneum, Abdominal wall, Abdominal injuries
- II. Urological Surgery
- III. Neuro Surgery
- IV. Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T.
- V. Thoracic surgery
- VI. Orthopedic surgery
- VII. Ophthalmology
- VIII. Anesthesiology
- IX. Traumatology
(b) Gynaecology & Obstetrics (40 Questions)
- I. Obstetrics: Ante-natal conditions, Intra-natal conditions, Post-natal conditions, Management of normal labours or complicated labour
- II. Gynaecology: Questions on applied anatomy, Questions on applied physiology of menstruation and fertilization, Questions on infections in genital tract, Questions on neoplas main the genital tract, Questions on displacement of the uterus
- III Family Planning: Conventional contraceptives, U.D. and oral pills, Operative procedure, sterilization and organization of programmes in the urban and rural surroundings, Medical Termination of Pregnancy
(c) Preventive Social and Communit Medicine (40 Questions)
- I. Social and community Medicine
- II. Concept of Health, Disease and Preventive Medicine
- III. Health Administration and Planning
- IV. General Epidemiology
- V. Demography and Health Statistics
- VI. Communicable Diseases
- VII. Environmental Health
- VIII. Nutrition and Health
- IX. Non-communicable diseases
- X. Occupational Health
- XI. Genetics and Health
- XII. International Health
- XIII. Medical Sociology and Health Education
- XIV. Maternal and Child Health
- XV. National Programmes