Get UPSC GENERAL STUDIES 2019 SYLLABUS. We had already provided all the information regarding UPSC civil Services Exam Notification 2019 & UPSC Civil Services Syllabus & Subjects for Mains exam 2019, in detail.
Here, in this article we’ll provide you all the details related to UPSC General Studies Paper; syllabus and exam pattern, which will help you enhance your performance in exam.
So, go ahead and read the complete article below, and know it all about UPSC General Studies Paper.
UPSC Civil Services Exam is gigantic, as far as its syllabus is concerned, and General Studies plays a major role in the final result. Here we’ll focus majorly on the Paper 1, and give you all-round insights in it.
UPSC GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 SYLLABUS
The following is the UPSC General Studies Paper 1 in detail which is for 250 marks
Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society.
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.- their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India)
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location- changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
CIVIL SERVICES mains general studies paper 1 mainly focus on the topics
- Indian Heritage and Culture
- History and Geography of the World and Society
There were twenty- five(25) questions printed both in HINDI and ENGLISH in previous UPSC general studies paper 1 2017. All the questions in general studies paper-1 are compulsory. Answers must be written in the medium authorized in the Admission Certificate which must be stated clearly on the cover of this Question-cum-Answer (QCA) Booklet in the space provided.
No marks will be given for answers written in a medium other than the authorized one. UPSC Mains exam values quality over quantity, so, answer the questions in not more than 150 words each. While writing the civil services general studies paper student must have idea about beginning, content and how to conclude each question. So you must go through the each topic in the UPSC General Studies paper 1 syllabus and make a well strategy to how to prepare for civil services mains form previous papers.
Few Important Links for UPSC IAS Aspiratnts 2018 | 2019
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Prelims Syllabus|
|UPSC IAS Exam Pattern||UPSC Reference Books||UPSC Eligibility|
|UPSC Mains Exams Pattern||UPSC Question papers||UPSC IAS Preparation Tips|
|UPSC IAS Exam Application||UPSC Admit Card||UPSC Results|
UPSC IAS Mains Syllabus & Subject