UPSC NDA (II), 2018- EXAM DATES, ELIGIBILITY, EXAM PATTERN: Union Public Services Commission conducts National Defense Academy & Naval Academy Examination for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and for the Indian Naval Academy Course. Here you can find complete details on UPSC NDA 2 2018 exam date, age limit, eligibility, application form, exam pattern, cut off, Best reference books, syllabus, previous papers, solved papers, how to prepare and how to apply below.
Also Read : UPSC IAS Notification 2018
UPSC NDA NOTIFICATION 2018 – EXAM DATES, ELIGIBILITY, EXAM PATTERN
- Tentative Schedule of the UPSC NDA(II), 2018 Examination is as under:
|Date of Notification||06.06.2018|
|Last date for receipt of Applications||02.07.2018|
|Date of commencement of Examination||09.09.2018|
The candidates should be citizens of India/subjects of Bhutan/subjects of Nepal/Tibetan refugees who came over to India before January 1, 1962. Persons of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India will be eligible
- Age Limits for UPSC NDA(II), 2018 Examination: Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2001 are eligible.
- Educational Qualification for UPSC NDA(II), 2018 Examination:
(i) For Army Wing:- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force, Naval Wings and Indian Naval Academy: – 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Pattern of UPSC NDA(II), 2018 Examination:
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows
|General Ability Test||02||2½ Hours||600|
|SSB TEST/ INTERVIEW||900|
The NDA exam consists of two papers: Mathematics and General ability test
- Mathematics: The mathematics paper is of 300 marks and consists of multiple choice questions based on the syllabus of class 11th and 12th. The time allowed to write the paper is 2½ hr.(150 min)
- General Ability: The General Ability test comprises of two section i.e. Section A and Section B. The section A is of English (200 marks) and Section B (400 marks) is of general knowledge.
Best reference books to crack NDA(II), 2018 Examination
Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination National Defence Academy/Naval Academy Conducted by UPSC by arihant, Experts Compilation
Chapterwise-Sectionwise Solved Papers NDA & NA (Mathematics/English/General Ability) with Explanatory Solutions by arihant Experts Compilation
Best reference books to crack SSB Interview
- SSB Interview: The Complete Guide by Dr. N.K. Natarajan
- Let’s Crack SSB Interview by SSB Crack
CUT OFF MARKS OF PREVIOUS UPSC NDA(II) Examination
|Year||NDA-1 (Max Marks:900)||NDA-2 (Max Marks:900)|
How to apply for UPSC NDA(II), 2018 Examination
The candidates need to fill their application forms through the official website of UPSC and through the online mode.
National Defence Academy Entrance Exam is held twice a year, generally in the month of April and September. The course of training is for three years. The candidate is required to give his preference for the service he wishes to join, however, the final decision also depends on the rank he secures in the merit list. For more details, please visit the detailed notice of UPSC NDA(II), 2018 Examination available on the UPSC Official website.