Get UPSC PRELIMS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 SYLLABUS & TOPICS 2019 details. The Preliminary exam for the UPSC Civil Services examination for 2019 held on 02nd June 2019. We had already provided UPSC Prelims Notification 2019. Also Read the UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern & Prelims exam structure for 2019 exam. Students who are preparing for UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2019 must know about the UPSC PRELIMS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 SYLLABUS & PRELIMS GENERAL STUDIES TOPICS 2019. There are 2 papers in Prelims exam – General Studies and Aptitude or CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). General studies is the prelims paper 1. Also Read UPSC PRELIMS APTITUDE TEST PAPER 2 SYLLABUS & TOPICS 2019
Detailed syllabus of the prelims paper 1 is given below.
Civil Services Prelims General Studies paper 1 Syllabus
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian national movement.
- Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that do not require subject specialization.
- General science.
Points to be remember before appearing UPSC Prelims exam paper:
Prelims paper 1 General Studies is qualifying paper to write the mains exam The questions in the UPSC Prelims exams are objective type also called as multiple choice questions. There is “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam. There is a penalty of 33% marks or 0.83 marks for every wrong answer. Though decision making and problem solving section doesn’t have negative marking. Since 2013, it’s for the first time the Indian Forest Service (IFS) aspirants are combined with the Civil Services candidates to take the Preliminary examination. The aspirants who may clear the Preliminary exam have to separately write the Mains exams for Indian Forest Service. Two hours (120 minutes) duration for general studies paper (prelims paper 1). Blind candidates are allowed extra time of twenty minutes for each paper. There are 100 questions in prelims paper 1 and total 200 marks for general studies paper (prelims paper 1).It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) examination for the purpose of evaluation.
Please Share this article UPSC PRELIMS GENERAL STUDIES PAPER 1 SYLLABUS & TOPICS 2019 to everyone who are preparing for UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2019 exam.